I had a few options for the title of this post. Here are all the titles that would have worked:
The Easiest Ever Salad
The Holding onto Summer Salad
The Already Dressed Salad
The Perfect Potluck Salad
The Bring it to Work Salad
The I Should Eat a Salad but I’d Rather Eat a Loaf of Bread Salad
The As Satisfying as a Loaf of Bread Salad
I decided to keep it simple, but all of those titles speak the truth. It’s easy, already dressed, ready to leave the house, and filling (no bread necessary!). One awesome thing about transporting this salad? It’s wilt-proof. It’s dressed and ready to go, so all you need to do is put it in some tupper ware and be on your way to work, a potluck, and whathaveyou. It’s delicious and sure to be a crowd pleaser (even if that crowd is just you).
Tomato Basil Chickpea Salad
Tweaked from Green Lite Bites
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 carton of grape tomatos (1 pint)
- 20 basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- pinch of salt
Go Ahead and…
- Toss all ingredients.
- Let ingredients mingle in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- Enjoy and feel good about your healthy choices!